Services & DIY assistance
If you are putting your book together yourself, but need a little help with a few parts here and there:
- Collection Editing
- Using an experienced editorial eye to narrow your collection of too many images down to a narrative that both tells your whole story AND fits into a book of reasonable size. This is a collaborative process, insuring the most important images stay in, even if they aren’t the “prettiest” or most technically perfect. ($.15/image submitted)
- Image Editing
- Color Correction, black and white conversions, fixing over/underexposure, and general image polishing ($.50/image)
- Retouching & Restoration
- Including fixing damaged photos, adding or subtracting people/things (aka when Grandma missed the group shot but the trash can didn’t), wardrobe malfunction fixing, and cosmetic retouching. Quoted by job.
- Just (some) Design
- When you need help with a few pages, not the whole book, for example when there are images that don’t play nice with templates, or too complicated (i.e. 12+ image detail/reception) spreads, or you want text laid in with more control.
- Also, if you need your design reformatted for a different bookmaker ($6/page design, conversions quoted by job)
- Negative Scanning
- $3/frame for 35mm, $5/frame for medium format. If you are not in the Puget Sound area, I do recommend trying first to find a local service before entrusting your negatives to the mail!
- Print Scanning
- $1/print for 8×10 and under only. If you are not in the Puget Sound area, I do recommend trying first to find a local service before mailing your prints!
- Specialized Printing
- When you need access to unusual surfaces/sizes/etc, i.e. archival prints on fine art paper to match your handmade book, prints on metal or acrylic for special covers, etc. Quoted by job
- Problem Solving
- Assistance that doesn’t fit into the above categories.
There is a $25 minimum on your total order. Please fill out the contact form below to get started.